Dealing with Conflict and Difficult People focuses on the skill of constructive discontent, the ability to remain comfortably uncomfortable in conflict, to be the number one characteristic by which your leadership is judged and remembered. Increasing your ability to give and receive critical feedback in a positive and healthy manner is essential to positive, accountable leadership.
The skill of giving and receiving critical feedback is paramount in developing trust throughout the group. On nearly every performance measure, high performing teams are good at sharing feedback. It’s not personal. Staying calm and deeply intentional in the face of strong words and emotion is the truest indicator of your leadership. How you respond to feedback determines the outcomes of group work.
In many cases, the traditional leader will come at the worst of “them” from the worst of “him / her.” Operating out of stress and defense, the traditional leader attacks the message and / or the messenger. Our work centers on the ability to deal with the worst of “them” from your LeaderSelf versus your StressSelf. But there are also times to be the giver of difficult feedback. There are times to initiate conflict.
To achieve this goal, MindSpring has created two central strategies that will help you improve your ability to deal with conflict immediately. We have enjoyed a great deal of success teaching the strategies that are addressed in this program.
- Learn the true source and key principles of conflict.
- Learn to give and receive critical feedback effectively.
- Learn a tried and true strategy for dealing with conflict and difficult people.
- Increase your personal power in dealing with potentially sensitive or oppositional situations.
- Improve relationships through authentic and intentional communication.
- Take away a strategy for communicating through conflict, building trust and sustainable outcomes.
- Become a facilitator of communication and clarity instead of a “critical parent” in conflict.
- Reduce stress from recurring problems by revealing the cause and effect of behaviors.
- Reduce wasted time and energy and increase productivity and well-being.
- Develop a healthy workplace.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is designed for individuals or an entire team to help increase proficiency in dealing with disagreement, conflict and difficult situations.
$1,495 (qualified GSA)